Hello from the team at Impound Feline Rescue.
We are happy that you’re wanting to give one of our kitties a chance at a new life! Sometimes our cats or kittens get a lot of interest, so your application may be one of many.
Some important reminders about our adoption process (read more on our main Adopt page):
- We seek indoor forever homes for cats – or homes with a secure cat enclosure to allow for safe outdoor time
- It is our policy to do home checks for all adoptions, unless one of our trusted volunteers can vouch for the adopter
- Meet and greets occur only after we have received an Expression of Interest form, and cats cannot be taken home before a home visit is completed
- After a successful meet & greet, a home visit must be completed
- Should the home visit go well, the last steps are for you to complete an adoption contract, and send the adoption fee payment through
- All IFR adoptions have a standard two week trial period, for which extensions can be negotiated in cases of kitties who need a little more time. Please note that it can take cats at least three weeks, and often longer, to adapt to a new home.
Questions about our adoption process, or the Expression of Interest form below, can be sent to us via any option listed on the Contact Us page.